Monday, January 24, 2011

Life Gym

I don't know what it is lately, but I feel like I'm running on the treadmill of life at 50mph and heading absolutely nowhere. The odometer reads 28 years and yet the scenery is the same. Today in particular felt like anything and everything I did, it took an extra 5 steps to get to the first step. I feel broken down mentally but my momma didn't raise no quitta.

In the words of Dane Cook "I tried my beeeessssst!!!". OK, maybe not my best. But it was the best and most I could do, given the circumstances. Maybe nothing got done concretely, but a lot of small shit that was in the way of the big things got taken care of....and THOSE are the things I despise most about the day to day life.

Its not about the marathon you train for, its the daily boring, monotonous treadmill training you do a year before you run the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment