Monday, August 29, 2011

Manual Labor

No matter the amount of technology that surrounds me, there are a number of things I still like to do by hand or without the help of something automated.

The dishes for example. Yes its quick and easy to shove your things into a washer and forget about it, but to me washing the dishes is relaxing. Go figure.

Another thing is filling out an actual hanging paper calendar of appointments, clients and personal bills to pay. I like to get the really cheesy ones at the dollar store and hang it by my desk just to keep life as silly as possible.

If I hear another alarm go off on my phone reminding me of some bill to pay, I may throw that thing out the window. I'd much prefer seeing it scribbled on the calendar.

I'm fighting the techno era....alone, I think...but fighting nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment