Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Snail Mail

It's been YEARS since I've received a written letter...or have sent one for that matter.

There's something about opening your mailbox (the actual box where you stick in a key) and you find a letter from a friend or a family member among the other crap that gets sent to you on a daily basis.

Not only is it a nice surprise to see something other than coupons to stores you don't give a crap about and bills, but there's something so much more personal about reading a letter that's hand written.

So much more thought goes into it. There's an actual PAPER trail that can be saved in an old shoe box to find and read in 30 years.

It saddens me that kids these days have never experienced a letter or a note passed in class. Everything is electronic and instant gratification.

I'll take waiting for a letter response for a few days over a text message any day.

I must be getting old and sentimental because I am starting to miss more and more of the life we used to lead when my generation was in middle school.

/sigh

A friend of mine, Heather, and I are gonna start a revolution.

We are gonna start corresponding like the old times (or like one of us is in prison).

You should join us.

Feel free to ask for my address if you feel a letter coming on and I will gladly write one back :)


No comments:

Post a Comment