Monday, August 1, 2011

Boxes and such

I have to share this story because when I tell it, I feel like maybe I'm high and it's really not as ridiculous as it sounds in my head:

The other day I cleaned the entire house (minus the roomies bedroom) and threw away what I thought was an old cardboard box that had previously lived in the living room for about 3 weeks, pushed up against a wall collecting everything that didn't know it's place.

Today, (by way of text...and not to me, but rather to Ash) I was ripped a new asshole because, apparently, I'd thrown away the living room coffee table...?

I know, I had the same face as you do now when I heard this.

Turns out, the roomies loved and cherished this old box that you can get from purchasing large amounts of crap at Costco, and were now furious that I could do such a thing.

I'm sorry, back where I'm from, a cardboard box is a fucking cardboard box. It's a recyclable piece of material at best. Coffee tables are made of wood...or compressed wood if you're really in a pinch for money.

My cat once used a cardboard box as a bed...then she realized it was a box and let me throw it away.

Honestly.

I understand respecting people's property, but really....ITS JUST A FUCKING BOX! Get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment