Saturday, September 10, 2011

Let it flow

I've been suffering from sinus issues from as long as I can remember.

Between allergies, constant congestion, and post nasal drip from always having an irritated and swollen nasal cavity, I have finally decided to give that stupid Nettie Pot a shot.

If you've ever gotten swept away by an ocean wave three times your size and gotten a face full of salt water shoved into every crevice....then you know exactly what this thing feels like.

I've heard the "oh you'll feel a little bit like you're drowning at first, but then you'll get the hang of it" warning numerous times before.

 NOTHING about drowning is something I want to get the "hang" of! And I did feel like I was drowning...in the smallest creek known to mankind....passing through my nasal cavity with lukewarm salty water.

I think I swallowed half of it, which can't possibly be good.

After all is said and done, I have to admit I feel a million times better.

I blew my nose for 20 minutes straight with massive amounts of water (yes, water) dripping out of my nose like a broken faucet, then took the hottest possible shower and let the rest of the congestion drip out. I felt things empty from my ears into my nasal cavity and out the nose.

It's really quite an interesting little piece of equipment.

I'm laying down on my back typing this and for the first time in my life, I don't feel like I'm being drowned by my post nasal drip.

Best $14 spent so far.

if you have any kind of congestion issues, I highly suggest drowning for a few minutes with this little betty. You'll thank yourself later....after mouth to mouth resuscitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment