Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pay it forward

I've often heard people saying this but I don't think a lot of people actually mean it.

I really feel that a lot of times people only do nice things for others to either gain recognition for it or to somehow get something in return.

There are very few people I know that actually do things for others and just let the good deed fly without hopes that it will somehow come back to them.

The idea of paying it forward never really even crossed my mind until a good friend of mine had to shut me up and tell me that sometimes people just want to do nice things for you and all you have to do is take it, say thank you and when you have the chance, pay it forward and do something nice for someone else (or even that same person).

Apparently, refusing help and nice deeds isn't the way to go when someone offers you help.

I've always been independent and never knew how to even approach accepting something from someone. I've always felt obligated in some way in return.

Funny enough, just getting that point across to me helped me get some things sorted out in my life. Perhaps that was his way of helping me.

I'll do my best to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment