Friday, February 18, 2011

Beats

Today I traded my pick for a pair of sticks. Strumming to banging on drums. 

Somehow learning guitar just made me super confused and left me feeling completely inadequate in the music department. Something about not being able to play by ear just absolutely didn't click in my head. It doesn't happen much, but some things I just can't grasp. Guitar...was one of them. Sadly. 

Since I can remember I've been banging on tables, drumming my fingers to the beat of every song, tapping my foot to the bass of a song, and basically tuning out the rest of the songs until all I heard were drums. I tend to gravitate towards music with a fun and unique beat...and let's face it, I've always been somewhat obsessed with drummers. 

Always having an inquiring mind, and a never sufficing appetite for learning, I figured it would be good to pursue this interest and see if anything comes of it. So there it is. I've got all the parts. I'll be setting this baby up in the next few days and then handing out apology cards to the neighbors for the next few months. 

Wish them luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment