Sunday, February 6, 2011

Was there some kind of national holiday today?

First and foremost, I like football. I really do. When there's nothing else to watch on TV and I'm sick in bed and can't go outside. It's incredible to me how many people were glued to their couches and TVs today and probably didn't even notice how gorgeous it was outside all day.

Facebook was nothing but comment after comment about how terrible the anthem was, how terrible the halftime show was...I'm not even sure people watched the actual game. Does anyone actually give a crap which win-less team took the trophy this year?

All this said, I have to thank each and every single one of you lazy fuckers for staying home and off the streets for the entire day. It made my drive down the coast so much more pleasant without having to sit in traffic to get to the beach. I enjoyed an entire beach to myself, where usually I'd have to fight for parking and look at pasty hairy bodies "tanning" their way to prettiness.

I moved my workout to the beach where the weather was absolutely AMAZING. The water was crisp, the air had a cool breeze and the sun warmed just enough. 2 hours spent doing sprints in the sand and relaxing.

I wish it was Superbowl Sunday every Sunday. Who won, anyway?

P.S. Sprints in the sand are a total ass whooping experience. And I shall do it every Sunday from now on. Please stay away from Sycamore Cove...its far too long of a drive, you know it and I know it. Just hang home and....I dunno, grill something.

No comments:

Post a Comment