Monday, February 7, 2011

First day of school??

While it may seem trivial to some, to me and the people who really know me, today was a huge step in getting back to myself at the core. I started my first class in a new degree, in a new direction of my life. My first journalism class. The beginning of writing with a purpose and a goal and actually getting graded on it. Yikes.

I must admit, while the class is 3 loooooong hours (hours that cut into my House obsession), I have never taken a course that felt so....RIGHT. For once when I looked at the syllabus I didn't cringe when I saw the assignment/quiz/final requirements. Its all writing. Writing in our own style, capturing news and events. This is more of a nerd club for me than a class. I predict a fun and easy A...but you never know lol

I've taken my share of course in my life, some I absolutely hated, some I dreaded with the fear that only seeing a shark would compare, others were easy and I knew the material, but never an actual FUN class.

Let this be the first of many.

Yay for having the class moved from one building to a room on the opposite end of campus. I only spent 30 minutes attempting to navigate a construction filled school and probably lost a good 5 lbs walking and sweating my ass off. All in all, I made it and the teacher wasn't mad, seeing as how 5 more people rolled into the room after me. All panting and sweating just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment