Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Full Throttle

When I started this adventure of getting a degree in Journalism, I honestly didn't think I would get the time of day from school since I started looking into things 2 weeks before school started. Much to my surprise, I was able to crash two of the three classes I wanted to take this semester.
Now I'm in full student mode and I couldn't be happier. One of the courses is so tiny and close knit that we are practically guaranteed to publish an article of our choice in the student-run magazine. Publishing equals a very happy Linda. I am also shooting to get on the staff of writers for school's online magazine to start my own column. Lets see how things go!

Between this blog and the writing assignments from my classes (which are already in full gear), I've done nothing but brainstorm, take notes, set up interviews, take more notes, and write. To none of my surprise, this makes me ridiculously busy and happy at the same time. This will be a challenge some nights, but I plan on keeping my personal promise to write every single day.

I'm actually tired before 2am for the first time in the last two weeks! Perhaps my little love notes to the sandman have finally melted his cold heart. Much needed full night of sleep is ahead. And by full night, I mean 5+ hours. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment