Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HERstory

On a completely random phone call to my uncle today, I learned a brief history of my grandmother and grandfather on my mom's side.

I heard just the smallest bit about how they met and it opened my eyes to my history. I'm excited for how much more there is to discover.

Best thing about it? There are many many recorded tapes of my grandmother telling story upon story about her life in the war and much much more.

My plan? To digitize these tapes and start listening to every single word. And nobody knows what could be next....a book? a movie?

Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, I will love just KNOWING everything. I'd never met my grandfather and I've been told my personality is a mirror image of him. Can't wait to see who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment