Tuesday, February 22, 2011

technological cock block

I realized today how hard it is for people to lie these days. Especially kids to their parents. I remember how when I was a kid, some 15-20 years ago (I know shocking, I look like this was just yesterday, I thank my genes for the young looks) I would just tell my parents I was going to a friend's house and then run off to god knows where doing god knows what. Most certainly none of it was kosher nor at my friend's house. Today, I would get a call on my iPhone which they would have boobie trapped with a tracking device and some sort of spy camera that records everything I do. Because my parents are Russian like that and they actually WOULD track it.

My point is, technology has made it almost impossible to lie. And even more so, it has eliminated the need to lie. You can now do everything you ever needed to on the go....wherever that may be. Your dog can no longer eat your homework because you can now research, type and print your homework in the span of 5 minutes, all from your phone. You can be the CEO of some multi-million dollar company, no longer needing a reason for why you are late for a meeting because you are doing a face time conference call with people in Japan, out of the comfort of your strip club chair where you are receiving a lap dance. You can compile entire spreadsheet reports while sitting on the can, butt-ass naked.

Which begs the question of why do we even need to go into an office these days? Aside from the actual face to face jobs like day care, or a nurse or firefighter....things that, you know, MATTER. Everything else can be done on our spiffy hand held smart phones.

It's fascinating and distrubing all at once. Because kids now text each other rather than going outside to play a game of street hockey or teepeeing someone's house. Even BULLYING happens with the stroke of a key. I remember when bullying was something more along the lines of getting your ass stuffed into the your locker, not talking shit about you behind the glare of your computer screen.

Makes me wonder where this will put us in 5 years.

Maybe in 10 years, with evolution, babies will be born with larger thumbs for texting purposes. I know I've already lost the ancient art of HAND writing because all I do is type.

No comments:

Post a Comment