Friday, February 11, 2011

Pressure building

I have an amazing article in the works. Sadly I can't post it here....yet.

Also, with the journalism classes, most of my ideas are being snatched up by the magazine editors for future articles they'd like me to write. It's strange to me to feel slightly restricted on writing. Meaning I can write whatever I want, I just can't share it right away. I'm guessing this will be an ongoing issue if I end up as a staff writer for the magazine. Good problem to have, I say!

I may have only had one meeting with the editors, but it felt great. I'm gonna shoot high and see what happens. I'm going to pitch getting my own column that will focus on a certain subject. They may want a music column, or possibly a health/fitness column. Can't cross my fingers (cos, well, I need those for typing) but I will cross my toes and whatever else I may.

On another note, I really would like to take this time to thank this weather for making me look like a 2 dollar hooker with a herpes outbreak (or some other serious skin issue). I can't keep myself hydrated enough to keep my skin from being so dry that my lips are cracking and hurting like a muther-effer. It's not just unpleasing to the eye, it's also very painful and makes my lymph nodes spaz out. I would greatly appreciate a break from this cold, dry weather. Will gladly accept a nice rainy week or five.

Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment