Monday, October 25, 2010

Che sera

Getting back into the swing of things really reminds me of the life I used to lead. I'm kinda jealous of the things I used to do, the balls I had before the rug got swept from under my feet. I'm still just as ambitious as ever but I'm more reluctant now. I think things through a lot more and I'm a lot more cautious about the choices I make. 

Working on 1/3 the energy and tenacity as I had before, I've realized I'm also missing out on some things too. I'm not too concerned about it, though.  Taking it easy as far as getting back to a hundred percent is probably much better than blowing through life, balls to the wall...at least for the time being. 

I do semi regret missing my 10 year high school reunion....for both schools. I've kept in touch with a lot of people from the high school I actually graduated from, it's the other high school reunion I would have loved to pop in to. If not for reconnecting but to remind people of the "little" people that also attended their class. To show everyone that though we may have come from different economic backgrounds, we are all in the same place now....not sure if that's more of a statement for myself or everyone else, however. I don't know if that chip on my shoulder will ever fall off or be brushed off. I'm just as bitter about some people and situations as I was the day that school booted me out lol maybe one day I'll get over it. 

It's fun to see the pictures and see how some people stayed completely the same and yet others changed drastically. Some of the popular kids are now just part of the "crowd" and look like every other person in the city, while some of the outcast kids have turned into stunningly good looking people. Then there's the ridiculously good looking kids that just got more ridiculously good looking....and that's just not fair lol 

Would have loved to proudly wear my senior geekdom picture and see some old friends. 

Che sera, sera. I'll be sure to make the next reunions. 

Really amazingly relaxing and yet fun filled day today with the god daughter and my niece. Always been good with kids...but today was kinda scary for how well I manage two kids. And I have the tiredness to prove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment