Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fitness?

At the risk of sounding like a complete jackass I want to voice an opinion on something most people would probably bite their tongues. 
And so it goes: I'd like to know who people think they are fooling and benefiting by wearing those "toning" shoes that look like little boats? Now hang on before you answer that. This is the picture I see while walking out of a supermarket the other day: a lady who is about 80-100lbs overweight carrying a McDonalds bag in one hand and what seems to be a super sized drink in the other...is dressed to the nines in gym wear and those spiffy "toning" shoes. I mean, really...what's the issue here?? I'm ALL for fitness and  I'm all for people getting on the right track to better nutrition and starting with baby steps....but seriously, how about giving up the burger and soda habit before stepping into the toners. Please don't get me wrong, people who struggle with weight and have pounds to shed that don't put them in the "obese" category, have my full blown support with healthy choices and doing even the smallest things to make their lives better. There need to be other steps taken when you feel like those shoes are going to help you burn off a 32oz soda! You're not helping yourself. You're not even trying at this point. 

I don't know what my point is really, it just made me really angry to see that. I guess I don't really understand the logic behind what I saw. I hope to see her again soon and I hope she proves me wrong. 

1 comment: