Thursday, October 7, 2010

World Market

Oh how I love you...let me count the ways.
The fact that you have various crap I don't need in the shape of monkeys. 
All the lanterns and ornaments I want to put all around my back yard.
The rugs that I spend 40 minutes touching and sniffing only to come to the conclusion I don't really need a rug. Your $15 curtain selection. The candle isle that leaves me intoxicated with various exotic scents. 
All your Christmas ornaments that don't resemble anything but is just so much cooler than your regular grandma ornament. Your wicker isle!! All those dishes and glasses...the entire isle I'm not allowed to walk down with a cart for fear of knocking everything down.
And let's not forget your food isles with all those bottles and cans and bags of things I'd never seen or knew existed but couldn't live without. 
If that wasn't enough, the lovely lady at the checkout counter (who by this time helped us find every single thing we were looking for and then some) hands us gift cards and coupons cutting our end total in nearly HALF!! 
With bags and bags of decor, it's the simple things in life that just make me stupid happy. 

Although physically I felt like I was on another planet today, mentally and emotionally today was filled with laughter and happy times. 
With the help of a dear friend sending me a surprise gag gift in the mail and a best friend who laughs at the stupidest things with me, I think I managed to put back a few years to my life. 

2 comments:

  1. although it seems appropriate because you were transported, 'isles' is like islands. You were walking up and down 'aisles'.
    signed,
    the Grammar Police.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was late and I was drugged! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm ashamed to say I realized this fact after I posted it and was too tired to edit. And coming from a complete grammar Nazi too. I should slap myself. :)

    ReplyDelete