Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rams, insects and such

I've always been into astrology and analyzing people's behaviors based on their astrological signs. Tonight my bestie and I were watching a show and decided to see if we can guess the signs of these people simply based on how they were acting. I'm shocked to report that we guess 5/5! 

I know not everybody believes in this and it's not a perfect science but there's something to say about scorpios being scorpios and cancers being cancers. I've never met a Scorpio that wasn't an aggressive and extremely sexual person. Never met a cancer that wasn't a sensitive mushy mess. Never met an Aries that wasn't self centered and tenacious beyond all limits. Makes me wonder if by knowing what these signs have to offer, we look for them specifically in people born in that range or if it's really the nature of these people to have these characteristics. 

I've always been told I'm not a typical cancer in many ways, and I'd have to agree. My best friend is an Aries and is also very atypical. In a real world of astrology the two of us would need to run for the hills from each other because an Aries would destroy a cancer within minutes and the cancer would end up crying and self destructing for years after. Yet being that we are both absolute paradoxes of our signs, we actually not only get along well, we complement each other's signs. We are actually learning what we lack in our respective signs from each other. 

So although I'm a believer that a person's astrological sign may be the basis for their character, it's the people we surround ourselves with and the environment we grow up in, that actually determines what kind of personality we really are....

That said, I'll still run for the hills from most Aries, Leos, and Scorpios. Those signs just plain out scare the softie that is the Cancer. 

2 comments:

  1. You should read up on the Enneagram. It's a little more scientific and something tells me you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Linda. But, you also have to look at the date the person was born, they could be on the cusp of another sign. I was first in love with a Leo-didn't work out, and married a Scorpio-never the freak AGAIN!!! I know now, that if I "handle" these signs in a certain way, that we can get along. I am a Pisces, an extremely sensitive and hopeful sign, living in my own dream world. My most difficult sign to get along with at the moment are the Taureses, thus my sister and one of my sons. Bull headed, stubborn, and selfish! I am happy that you found a common ground with your friend. My bestie is a Sagittarius. =)

    ReplyDelete