Sunday, October 24, 2010

Karma

I'm a firm believer in karma. I spend most of my entire days doing things the way I would like for things to be done upon me. I hold doors for people, I help people out if they have a question, I smile at people, I try to admit whenever I'm wrong, I don't litter...for the most part I try to do what my mom has always taught me to be "the right thing". I've given up my road rage and let people be on the road...if you're driving like an ass I'll just let you do it else where, as long as you're not putting others in danger, do what you will. You never know if the person in front of you going 40 in the middle lane of the freeway is driving their first freeway, who the hell am I to scare the living crap out of them by honking or yelling profanities? 

This said, I've been wondering lately if the shit that I've gotten in the last year is karma catching up with me or if it's the way karma is looking for the people responsible for some of the shit going on...did I royally fuck up somewhere in the past and now I'm being punished by shitty selfish people? Or does this shit just follow the shitty people and it's their karma that's gearing up to work overtime? 

Whichever it is, it makes me be a better person regardless. I'll take the bullshit as a lesson and move on knowing how NOT to treat others. And them? Well...karma is fair. Somehow the universe makes everything even. 

4 comments:

  1. Prob should of let me gay to second. Karma is a mofker

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by gay I meant second. Karma yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I don't believe in karma but my mom does- she swears I must have been very evil in a past life to deserve this one :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we are free to make choices, we cannot and do not get to choose the consequences (+ and/or -) of those said actions. I think that some of the consequences are Karma and some just are what they are. I also believe that as we follow the Golden Rule ("Do unto others as you would have them do to you.")God blesses us.

    ReplyDelete