Friday, October 15, 2010

Politics? Really?

I've never been too overly into politics. I learn enough to be somewhat educated in the candidates for a particular vote and to also be able to carry on a decent conversation.
With the upcoming elections, California is just being bombarded with "opposing" advertisements. What the hell kind of crap is that, seriously? I mean I know that politics have always been more about crapping on the other guy's head than actually informing people on the things YOU'RE planning on doing to make a difference...but seriously, I haven't seen ONE ad FOR someone. It's not only annoying, it's making me lose all interest in voting at all! Jerry Brown was winning in my books for a while simply because he's been around and Clinton backs him. Now with all the dirt being chucked back and worth it's like a mud wrestling match instead of an election. To hell with them all. Nobody delivers what they promise. California is going further and further into the gutter no matter who is elected.

And besides, Meg Whitman scares the crap out of me. She looks like she actually may have eaten a few babies...just because.

Anyway. Strep sucks. Voice raspy, throat hurty. I'm actually thinking it may just be the recent stress, but staying away from the little ones just in case :(

Oh ya and today's trip to Lowes yielded an almost finished back yard, stocked up with tube lights, lanterns, sliding screen door (finally) and a kick ass picnic table. Though spending an hour at Lowes made Linda just slightly cranky. Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. It's not just California. There's a pretty large smear campaign going on in New Mexico right now, and from what I hear AZ is no picnic spot. A part of me thinks that politicians like the mud slinging because it means they don't have to focus on the issues or make promises they have no intention of keeping. Instead, they can toss shit and hope to be the one left standing on the heap come election day.

    Democracy? Well, we get to choose from the people who have been paid off to be puppets. I guess that's kind of a democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130597505&sc=fb&cc=fp

    Check that out.

    ReplyDelete