Saturday, November 27, 2010

Basket Case

I feel like a basket of unfolded clean laundry today. All is good and clean...but it's still in a big messy pile. Precisely how my brain is. There are a million different thoughts and ideas running through my head and none are getting full attention. All I can think about is how much muscles hurt after the workout today. It was only two days skipped and  half a turkey eaten...did I get THAT used to working out every day? I don't know, but tiny little muscles hurt in between the usual hurting muscles. I'm starting to think that maybe I should get those toning shirts and pants and throw in the shoes for good measure...you know, to keep the body "working" while I walk to the kitchen for a snack. No? OK, fine.

The other thing on my mind was the complete ridiculousness of "black friday". I never understood it and I don't think I ever will. People waking up at the ass crack of the middle of the night to go stand in line to wait for a store to open at the ass crack of dawn to SHOP?! If someone actually gave me stuff for free...and threw in some cash on top, then I might consider getting up to shop that early. I despise "shopping". I must be missing some kind of chromosome. When I need something at the sore or, god forbid, the mall, I know what I need, know where to get it and how long it will take me to get the hell out of the store. There is no browsing and "shopping". I call it BUYING. The sole idea of walking around a mall "shopping" gives me anxiety. On a bright note, you could have played a full game of football on Ventura Blvd this morning. It was like a ghost town! The parking lot at the Topanga Mall? Not so much.

Hope you all had fun maxing out your credit cards for things people don't need and for that TV everyone keeps buying each year that is "OMG SO CHEAP ON BLACK FRIDAY!!!". How many TVs does one person need? Anyway. One day closer to my favorite Holiday. Tomorrow we may try to get the lights up....after doing the annual "after Turkey day face stuffing" get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment