Monday, November 1, 2010

Inception

I want to preface by saying that I'm writing this at 6:00am after a full night of insomnia on a day where I was falling asleep and couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life. I hit these bouts of sleeplessness and sometimes my brain decides to have fun with me by trowing out completely random and obnoxious thoughts. So here it goes...at the risk of sounding completely bonkers...take nothing I write for face value because most likely I won't even remember writing this after I finally sleep:

Have you ever pondered the idea that maybe the reality we live is just our subconscious? That in fact our conscious is something other than what we see as reality...maybe we don't actually physically exist and the reality we live is just a figment of our minds or souls. Maybe what we experience are just moments of memories in our souls floating along until we find another body to occupy. What if the reason some things that SHOULD make sense, don't because they aren't real. 

I remember watching "a Beautiful mind" and being absolutely blown away by the idea that this man lived his life thinking he had those people in his life...and in the end...in reality, he was completely alone. Granted he was clinically crazy, but it's the same idea. We live life surrounded by family and friends and memories and activities...who's to say they are in fact...LIFE. 

Another way to think of it is kind of like the Matrix...maybe we took the blue pill? Would certainly explain Deja Vu! Because I swear some days I feel like I wake up knowing a whole lot more crap than I did the night before! Maybe the insomnia is what I feel while another program is being uploaded into my brain. I should ask to be uploaded with some mixed martial arts program..see if I can tackle Neo in the next fight.

I should really stop watching those kinds of movies. Clearly my brain takes them too seriously. 

And so it is...this is where my brain goes at 6:00am. Don't mind it. I'm sure sleep will make everything normal again. 

P.S. It's now midnight the next night, I JUST watched Inception and I am now fully afraid of my mind. Having never seen the movie before, my brain went exactly into the same idea that the movie depicted. Sometimes being dumb is much easier than having really deep thoughts.

Time for sleep.

1 comment: