Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

I can't remember the last time I truly enjoyed thanksgiving this much. There wasn't a single soul that didn't belong although some family was missing and the void was definitely felt. Some just couldn't join us, others didn't have the option. I missed every single person that wasn't there. 

Today and every day I am thankful for the daily opportunity to be the best person I can be to those exact people. I'm thankful for a set of parents that although may not get along the best, will always get along enough to be MY parents. I'm thankful for a brother that cares and loves me more than any man I'll ever meet. I'm thankful for two hands full of souls that I proudly call my FAMILY. The crazy uncles that start arguments with everyone. The loving aunts whose hugs could cure diseases. The nieces and nephews that light up the room with smiles and silly stories. That cousins husbands nephews sister who we JUST met but already feel like we've known for years. My cousins that are all in their own way absolutely irreplaceable. 
I'm thankful for the moments spent on ATVs, horses, the open road, around the table, around the fireplace, on the floor laughing, telling jokes and poking fun. I'm thankful for the endless bank of memories that can never and will never be duplicated or replaced by any other.

Today, I'm also thankful for the opportunity to possibly adopt a baby girl kitten who was rescued by my uncle. She has, til now, lived in his barn. She's staying with me for the first time, cuddled up cozy in bed. I'm hoping my kibby let's her into our home with open paws...so far just growling and hissing at one another, but I'm hopeful. 

Last and certainly never least, I'm thankful for my best friend. To whom I publicly profess my love, because without you, I'm not sure where I would be. You've been my rock, my safety net, and the one and only soul that's understood me through the worst of me. Thank you, from the bottom of my frozen little heart. 

Amazing holiday. Thank god for the two photographers today otherwise I'd think it was all one big dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment