Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Tricky...tricky...tricky...TRICKEAAYYY

Today I did something that I haven't done in a good 5 or 6 years....(the pause was for you to come up with something totally inappropriate yet funny)...played a video game. 

I used to stay up for hours til my thumbs were numb and all the food in the refrigerator was eaten. The endless nights of Grand Theft Auto, staying up til 5 in the morning, throwing things at the tv, yelling at the tv, throwing the remote, walking away, then coming back for 4 more hours. How about the days spent with the boys playing SSX Tricky, and kicking all their asses. Making a personal mission out of NBA Ballers. Challenging people in NFL Blitz. I was never into the other games. Sports and car games always kept enough of my attention. 

All day I had the urge to dust off my PS2 (ya I don't bother with the fancy new machines). I finally found all the cables and remotes...then realized I left all my favorite games to my ex in the divorce (I mean that jokingly...because if there was actually a divorce the games and our pet hamster would have been the only two things I'd be fighting for).

So I ventured out to Gamestop...half an hour and $20 later, I had a bag of 6 of my favorite games and a giant smile on my face.  I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I sat for a few hours playing SSX Tricky until my thumbs got sore and I must admit, I think I still remember the entire game. I like this better than watching stupid television programs to relax my brain and shut off for a little bit. 

Sometimes it's the trivial things in life that make you happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment