Sunday, November 14, 2010

Surface

I've been writing things that I call "surface" for a few days, only because I've been keeping really busy with getting the house finally finished and cozy enough to satisfy my Cancerian self. Not too many "deep" thoughts go through your head when you are sanding down doors, staining tables, hanging and re-hanging curtains...unless you consider "ok let's try not to cut anything off from the body", a deep thought. 

"Surface" writing, I think, is a good way to keep a momentum of writing without bogging myself down with super emotional and close to heart topics. 

Today's thought: how much I dislike super brightly lit places. I completely understand the necessity of properly lighting a room for functionality...like when you need to perform surgeries...or do some needle point work... Why in the name of all things cozy do people light their rooms with three 100watt light bulbs?? It seriously makes my skin twitch and burns my retinas. 

Look into some 40watt bulbs and please investigate the use of candles. Your wallet can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment