Monday, November 29, 2010

Transformed

In the last few years I've changed my taste in music so much and so drastically that it's made my head spin. I used to be glued to Power 106, reciting every single rap and hip hop lyric like I wrote the damn things. After finally realizing I wasn't black (in my defense, I do tan quite well in the summer), I shifted more into the mainstream alternative music. This was largely due to the clients I worked with. After realizing I like a little more girth to my music I turned more towards my way way younger days...heavier rock, classic rock, and even ventured as far as metal. I was now stuck on the Octane XM channel with Breaking Benjamins, Disturbed, Three Days Grace and Rammstein on heavy rotation. I don't want to say that I've strayed too far from those right now, but I'm finding myself digging for something else, something more.

More and more I'm throwing in industrial music and heavier trip hop mixed in with some dub step. I simply cannot get beats out of my head. Less about lyrics and more about getting my body and my ass moving.

Maybe in my old age I've re-kindled the desire to start dancing again. Not hip hop this time....dirtier, sharper, nasty trip hop....hm.

1 comment:

  1. You should check out Esthero. Best trip hop there is!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete