Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Grilled. Just how I like my hands.

First day back to working out went incredibly well. I'm not as out of shape as I thought I would be after almost a year of being out of commission. No muscle aches (yet), the routine went smoothly and I actually want to do MORE...which is better than being annoyed and not wanting to ever come back to it. 

Found a doggy at the park and returned it safely to it's owner. Panda, the mutt, was happy to see her daddy's car come to the rescue. 

After a day of errands it was time to do grill night...all was well until I decided to utilize the tongs as a holding device for the grate...which was nicely oiled in preparation for the peppers I was about to murder on it...and so tongs are not a good way to hold up the grill while it's scorching hot. It slipped right onto my forearm. Which would have been fine had it no been oiled..ad the oil is what did the trick of burning a nice grill pattern on my hand and forearm. I'm guessing second degree burns along with small spots of third degree bubbles. My worried mother would probably send me to the emergency room..but I'm gonna go ahead and save myself a couple hundred and see if it's still this painful in the morning and go to a regular appointment if it persists. I'm no stranger to burns. I've got it cleaned, burn cream and gauze wrapped. Should be all good. The stinging could let up just a bit, though. That's just annoying.

Food turned out amazing!

So there it is. 

Tomorrow we play some hoops for the workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment