Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cavity Search

There has been so much chaos raised about the "new" TSA security standards. I find it funny that 1. people are actually complaining about HEIGHTENED security and 2. that they feel its somehow a violation of their rights to be searched.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just the wrong demographic, but I've never had a problem being searched at the airport. And, yes, I have been searched....a few times. One look at my last name and I'm looked at like some kind of a spy in disguise. Anyway, the times that I do get searched and I see others searched it actually makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing that the TSA is at least TRYING to stay ahead of any attempts at terrorism or random acts of stupidity. It takes 15 minutes and a free light-heavy petting massage but it can potentially catch someone trying to sneak something in. And yes, they do need to check UP your thigh and any other area where any person with a slightly higher IQ would try to stash something.

Seriously, what is the huge deal?? Wouldn't you rather let them do their job than go down in a fiery flame into a few high rise buildings because Ahmed next to you refused a pat-down!?

Don't get me wrong, I do think the TSA is panicky and tend to overboard on a few things like not letting me take my eczema lotion on board because it exceeds the 4oz rule and doesn't qualify as a life dependent medication...but in the same token, they are just trying to stay ahead of the people who ARE trying to sneak potentially threatening objects.

It's a nervous time of the year to travel and everyone wants to get to their destinations on time...and safely. So let them do their jobs and take it easier...makes everyone's day go by nicer and faster.

2 comments: