Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Speak into my good ear

My ears are still ringing, feet and legs hurting, I see little dots in my eyes from the lights....it must have been a good night. 

Indeed it was. Finally dragged my ass out to see a show at the Roxy. Went to see my favorite thunder from down under boys, Juke Kartel. The boys delivered and put a smile on my face. Although I think Tobes may be fighting a cold or something cos the poor guy was spraying throat coat like it was going out of style tonight. And Tommy seemed to be in outer space thinking about everything but the gig? I totally feel you on that dude. The day was a rough one and it took everything I had to stay awake enough to get to the venue. 

It turned out the main course that night was a "band" called Street Drum Corps. It resembled STOMP, so I just HAD to see what it was all about. Now, before I get to them...I have to explain what we had to endure before SDC hit the stage. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Cisco Adler? Anyway, I didn't know who the fuck he was and don't really care to know. This douchebag and his jewfro friends took 45 minutes to set up a fucking conglomeration of synths, macs, sample machines, guitars, drums, widgets, hobbits and everything else not screwed down at the Roxy theatre! Alas, the Pigeons (yes, that's really the name of the band) took the stage. From the first note I'd wished someone would hit them in the face and drag them away into the wilderness to be buried in a shallow grave. How bands like this ever make a spot on ANY bill, is mind boggling to me. I can't even describe the "music". Total crap...doesn't even begin to describe it. After being molested in my ears and eyes for the LONGEST 20 minutes of my life, I was ready to help them off the stage...by throwing all their "gear" to the curb and giving it away to the less fortunate...(although I highly doubt there is anyone less fortunately completely and utterly un-talented). If the three douchkateers weren't enough, this posse of dumb, shrieking bitches they call "fans" (all 4 of them...I guess one skips a ride every time) were inches and seconds away from being curbed..by me. Sadly, I think their fake boobs would absorb all the impact and their plastic faces would stay intact. 

Anyway. Another 25 minutes after they disassembled their set and SDC was making me happy. Their set up is simple: drums, trash cans, pots and pans, car parts, bongos, and anything else that makes noise. The drums and bass were reverbing in every single blood cell in my body. If you didn't nod your head to at least one beat...you're either deaf or a member of the pigeons.
It's entirely too bad the Roxy has quite possibly the worst sound system and an even crappier sound guy, because they managed to fuck up the song that Tommy Lee joined on. 

All in all, great night for music....if I could just somehow erase that hour and a half of ass raping by...the pigeons. Now I have to go research who the hell this jackass is and how anyone in their right mind gave them even a second on any stage. Dear God. 

That is all. 

Note to self: WEAR EARPLUGS!!


 

1 comment: